- 'Aesop's Fables ' - Cantata for Childen's Choir, Baritione and 7 Professional Musicians. Duration 30 mins. Words by Alf Williams. Additional Words by *Nia Williams. Aesop's Fables was performed by the Oxford Youth Choir (musical director Peps Martin-Smith) in 2004. Consists of seven sections - each telling a separate fable. Aesop himself (baritone) introduces the stories and make a concluding appearance in the 'grand finale' section of 'The Tortoise and the Hare'. Ideal for a Music Festival performance or as a concert piece for a children's choir.
Click on the play button below to hear 'The Fox and the Stork', sung by the Oxford Youth Choir:
Click on the play button below to hear 'The Greedy Dog'
Click on the play button to hear 'The Vain Jackdaw'
- 'In the Days of England Old' - Cantata for Childen's Choir and Saxophone (or Clarinet ) quartet. Duration 30 mins approx. Arrangements of English Folk- Songs. Introductory song has words by *Nia Williams. Ideal for a Music Festival or as a concert piece for a children's choir. (Suitable for Ages 7-11)
Click on the play button below to hear the last section of this piece: 'Dashing Away with 'The Smoothing Iron' sung by the Oxford Youth Choir accompanied by a saxophone quartet.
- 'Tales of The Greeks' - A stage work for children involving actors, a choir and 10 professional musicians. Duration 55 mins. Words by *Nia Williams. Suitable for a children's opera / drama group production / an ambitious school production. (Suitable for Ages 9-11)
- 'Songs of The Sea' - Cantata for Childen's Choir and a variety of mainly folk instruments (or just a piano!) of old sea songs and shanties. Some short narrations. Duration 25 mins. Ideal for a school or music festival performance. (Suitable for Ages 8-12)
- 'The Selfish Giant' (see operas)
*link for Nia Williams (www.niawilliams.com)